April 23, 2012

Catching Fire Movie - My Dream Cast

I guess the marketing people from Lionsgate were right with their tagline "The World Will Be Watching." The Hunger Games dominated the worldwide box office for several weeks. The question is: Are you excited for the sequel Catching Fire? Don't even ask me because if I have the power to fast forward the time, then I will set it on November 22, 2013. Anyway, the purpose of this post is to share my dream cast for the "Hunger Games sequel, Catching Fire." 

As of this moment, there are still no official announcement on who will portray the coveted roles of Finnick, Johanna, Annie, Mags, Beetee, Wiress, Plutarch, etc. Who knows other Catching Fire characters from the books won't make it to the big screen like what had happened to Madge. I hope this will be read by Director Francis Lawrence and the casting director. Hahaha. This might give them hint or considerations.

I will just point out the major characters in Catching Fire. I don't want to go over the minor tributes because I think I don't have any idea whose going to play those characters.

Finnick Odair

Who is Finnick?

Finnick Odair was a male victor from District 4. He was known for being the victor of the 65th Hunger Games and a survivor of the 3rd Quarter Quell, also known as the 75th Hunger Games.

Katniss at first views Finnick as extremely flirtatious and using a "seductive purr" when he spoke. She is unable to read his motives when they are in the arena together, but believes that she would be better off killing him sooner rather than later, until he revives Peeta.

Physically, he is described as being extremely handsome. He is tall, muscular, and athletic, with tan skin, bronze-colored hair, and "incredible" sea green eyes, making him very popular with people in the Capitol.

Katniss says that Finnick never needed to do anything for sponsors, and that no other tribute could overcome his "natural beauty". 

First off is Finnick. He is going to have a major role in Catching Fire and I know lots of girl fans are going crazy over him (ehem cough2x). Oh Finnick, Finnick, Finnick.

The first thing that came into my mind when reading Catching Fire, I automatically pictured Chris Evans as Finnick or Finnick as Chris Evans (does that make any sense?). I know he's Captain America and he's into a big franchise already but who cares? Chris Evans was in the Fantastic Four as the Human Torch but then later on he was cast as Captain America so basically, a leap to another franchise is not going to be a problem for him because he's a good actor and he's been into action or fantasy movies already. I think he has the attitude, charm and the physique to play Finnick. Just dye his hair bronze or tan him a bit and he's going to make us crazy. 



If Chris Evans won't be chosen, I won't regret if they will either choose between Garrett Hedlund and Zac Efron. I have doubts with Zac since he can be too young for the role. Of course, can you picture Josh and Zac sharing the big screen? (Hello Vanessa Hudgens). Oh please not Alex Pettyfer. I'm so tired of hearing things about him as Finnick. Remember guys, he's got attitude problem and if you are a Mortal Instruments fan, you might have heard about turning down the coveted role of Jace.



Johanna Mason

Who is Johanna?

Johanna Mason is the female tribute from District 7 in an earlier and unspecified Hunger Games, most likely the 71st Hunger Games and again in the third Quarter Quell. It is said that she was the victor of the Hunger Games a few years earlier. She was one of the younger tributes in this Quarter Quell. She is the last living female victor of District 7, whose principal industry is lumber.

Johanna is described as having wide-set brown eyes and spiky brown/black hair. In Mockingjay, she returns from the Capitol with a shaved head after being tortured by them but eventually grows pieces of her hair back.

I would love to see Mandy Moore as the axe-wielding tribute from District 7 Johanna Mason. Remember when Katniss said that Johanna is like a big sister who doesn't like her? And it was also stated in the book that Johanna can be pretty deceptive like she can look weak on the outside but then she can kill you viciously with a single blow. I think Mandy Moore can do it both - being rude and kind. I've seen her meanness in Saved and her soft side in A Walk to Remember (I super love that film!). I've never seen in her in any action movies but I think she can hit it off. I know this role is going to be challenging for her.



Annie Cresta

Who is Annie?

Annie Cresta is the victor of the 70th Hunger Games and is from District 4. She was the wife of Finnick Odair before being widowed due to Finnick's death during the rebellion.

Annie is described as a lovely young woman with dark flowing hair and dark green eyes. Katniss describes her as 'lovely if somewhat bedraggled' in Mockingjay. She is thought to be around 20 years old, as mentioned when Mags volunteered to take her place for the second quarter quell. She is also described as looking a little crazy.

There's not much Annie in Catching Fire but she's a major character at least for Finnick. I guess and I hope they will show flashbacks of Annie in the Catching Fire movie. So who's my dream cast for Annie? I would love to see Rachel McAdams as Annie. She's a good actress and I think playing Annie is a piece of cake.



My second choice for Annie would be Mandy Moore



Mags

Who is Mags?

Mags was the female tribute from District 4 during the 75th Hunger Games, for which she volunteered (for Annie), as well as a previous, unspecified Hunger Games, possibly the 7th-13th Hunger Games. She's about 80 years old or so. She is good in making woven baskets.

Most entertainment columnists (MTV and E) love Betty White to play Mags. I guess she can be a little too expensive. I prefer someone who's not that known but can portray the character well. My choice would be Jeanette Miller. If you have watched the movie "Legion" she's the old woman who was possessed and attacked the people in the diner. She can be a good Mags and I would be looking forward to shed some tears when she sacrifices her life to save Finnick, Katniss and Peeta in the arena. (oh oh spoilers).



Beetee

Who is Beetee?

Beetee is the male tribute from District 3 in the 75th Hunger Games, as well as in a previous Games. Beetee is an expert with electronics and wiring. He was one of the few people to survive the 75th Hunger Games.

In Catching Fire, Beetee, as well as Wiress, is described as having ashen skin and black hair and small. In Mockingjay, he is also said to have ill-fitting glasses.

I would love to see Stephen Merchant as Beetee. I have seen him in Tooth Fairy and I think his glasses can fit the role. LOL. Just kidding. I think he can be a good Beetee but I think he might be a little too tall for the role.



Wiress

Who is Wiress?

Wiress was a female tribute from District 3. She competed in and won a previous, unspecified Hunger Games, possibly the 46 to the 49th, and then participated again in the 75th Games. In the second set of Games, she was at first rejected by many to be an ally, except for Katniss Everdeen who wanted her as one.

In Catching Fire, Wiress and Beetee are both described as having ashen skin and black hair.

Wiress was described to be shy by Katniss, who mentions that in the training room, she seldom completed her sentences, and Beetee had to finish them for her. When she, along with Johanna and Beetee, team up with Finnick, Katniss, and Peeta, she could only recite comments and songs about clocks - referring to the clock shaped arena. Beetee said that Wiress was not only smart, but intuitive. She was an intellectual genius, inventive, and clever.

My dream cast for Wiress is Allison Janney. I think she can play Wiress' shyness and she could be someone you could trust as an ally.



Brutus

Who is Brutus?

Brutus was the male tribute from District 2 in the 75th Hunger Games. He was also the victor of a previous Games, most likely the 36th to 39th Hunger Games. He's about 40 years old or so.


I would love to see Bill Harder as Brutus.  I know he's a comedian but watching him as an antagonist in the movie Paul, he can be Brutus.



Who is Enobaria

Enobaria is the female tribute from District 2 in two Games. She competed in the 62nd Hunger Games and the 75th Hunger Games (the 3rd Quarter Quell).  She's approximately in her 30s.

I think Claire Foy is going to be a great Enobaria. Just see her performance in the Season of the Witch. She was the girl who was possessed by the demons.



Plutarch

Who is Plutarch?

Plutarch Heavensbee is the Head Gamemaker in Catching Fire, taking the place of Seneca Crane. He becomes a commander of the rebel forces of District 13 in Mockingjay.

I pictured Mark Harmon from NCIS as Plutarch. I think he can be someone who loves to play strategy games.



What do you think of my Catching Fire dream cast? Don't forget to share your comments in the box below. Who knows we might be able to influence the decisions of the casting director and director Francis Lawrence.

9 comments:

  1. i love your choices except i want Garrett to be finnick but i can deal with your number one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your choices but i would much rather approve of Garrett being finnick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you.. let's just see who will be the lucky guy to play Finnick. I have heard that others love to see Chace Crawford/Armie Hammer/Jessie Williams as Finnick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think channing tatum should play finnick! i agree with your ideas for johanna mason and beetee and also enobaria and thats it god job though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found out that (Gibbs) from ncis is also on Catching Fire. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uhm just to make it clear Mark Harmon is not part of Catching Fire. The above post is a dream cast only.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh ok sorry about that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't have to sorry. In fact I would like to say thanks for visiting the site =)

    ReplyDelete