August 04, 2012

Liam Hemsworth's Catching Fire Training Regime


 

In the September 2012 issue of Men's Health magazine, Liam Hemsworth (Gale) talks about his low-calorie diet and training for "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire."
For the "Hunger Games," Hemsworth subsisted on a low-calorie diet of lean protein, vegetables and fruit and did lots of cardio in order to lose 20 pounds off his naturally lanky frame. For the "Expendables 2," he did the exact opposite so he could bulk up.

Fortunately, Liam enjoys the endorphin high he gets from his favorite workouts, which include boxing, running and surfing.

"I love going to the gym, sweating, running around, feeling like I'm having a heart attack," Hemsworth says in the September 2012 issue of Men's Health. "I like the physical side of boxing. It's fun to punch a bag for 20 minutes, but I also feel mentally strong when I box. I feel good in my own body."

Liam's diet typically consists of oatmeal, fish, eggs, asparagus, and homemade chicken stir-fry with lots of chopped vegetables, and a sweet potato or brown rice to satisfy his carb cravings.

Hemsworth, whose ripped older brother Chris, has already climbed to the Hollywood A-list after starring in "Thor (2011)" and the "Avengers (2012)," is equally rugged and ripped.

Despite grappling with constant hunger pangs while training for the "Hunger Games," Liam embraced his grueling daily workouts with Navy SEALs, which is good, since he'll soon be shooting its sequel, "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire."

"The Navy SEAL [training] was awesome," gushes Hemsworth, who's engaged to actress Miley Cyrus. "I always love hanging out with security guards or Marines—real men—because they're the most focused, professional people.

"My trainer was a great guy who made me want to die for an hour. Training for 'Hunger Games,' I literally had to wait a half hour after each session before I drove anywhere. I had to lay on the ground until I could breathe properly again."

But constantly depriving himself on a low-calorie was a struggle.

"It was tough because I'm an eater," he says. "If I have one addiction in life, it's probably food. [Being hungry all the time put me] in a really bad mood, with a short attention span and a short fuse."
Source: Examiner; To read the whole interview,  head to Men's Health.







0 comments:

Post a Comment