April 08, 2013

Elena Sanchez (Cecelia) Talks Catching Fire

Spanish actress Elena Sanchez has caught up with Desdeh and she was able to share her experiences with The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, in which she plays District 8 tribute/victor Cecelia.

What was your reaction when you found out that you have been cast in Catching Fire?

To be honest, I didn’t really believe it until my first day on set. When I got the call, after about five minutes of hyperventilating, I told myself not to get too excited. In this business there are a lot of disappointments. I kept thinking they had made some kind of mistake and were going to find someone else!

In what ways can you relate to ‘Cecelia’, your character?

Since Cecelia is only mentioned a few times in the book, the love she has for her children that are taken away from her as she is chosen for The Hunger Games kind of becomes a defining characteristic. I have never had to make that kind of sacrifice, but love for people, the world, and life is one of the most important philosophies I live by. I tried to relate to her by thinking about what it would be like to give up some of the most important things in my life, but knowing that it was for a greater cause.

How well would Elena Sanchez do in a “Hunger Games-like” event?

Well, it would all depend on my competition. But beware! I can climb on things, swing from trees, and flip around… AND I have been working on my Ninja skills!

You can read the full interview here.


0 comments:

Post a Comment