December 08, 2011

Hunger Games Trilogy Quotes - From the First Book The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Here are a couple of quotes from The Hunger Games, the first book of the Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins.

“Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor!”
-Effie Trinket (during the Reaping for the 74th Hunger Games)

“Here’s some advice. Stay alive.
-Haymitch Abernathy to Katniss Everdeen before the 74th Hunger Games)

“The more likable he is, the more deadly he is.”
-Katniss Everdeen to Peeta Mellark

“She has no idea. The effect she can have”
-Peeta Mellark talking about Katniss Everdeen

“Scores only matter if they’re very good, no one pays much attention to the bad or mediocre ones.”
-Portia (Katniss' fashion squad)

“Katniss, the girl who was on fire”
-Cinna (Katniss' stylist)

“It’s not a fair comparison really. Gale and I were thrown together by a mutual need to survive. Peeta and I know the other’s survival means our own death.”
-Katniss Everdeen (the girl on fire)

“I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun”.
-Katniss Everdeen

Cinna: “When you’re asked a question, find me, and answer it as honestly as possible.”
Katniss: “Even if what I think is horrible?”
Cinna: “Especially if what you think is horrible.”

Caesar: “Handsome lad like you. There must be some special girl. Come on, what’s her name?”
Peeta: “Well, there is this one girl. I’ve had a crush on her ever since I can remember. But I’m pretty sure she didn’t know I was alive until the reaping.”
Caesar: “She have another fellow?”
Peeta: “I don’t know, but a lot of boys like her.”
Caesar: “So, here’s what you do. You win, you go home. She can’t turn you down then, eh?”
Peeta: “I don’t think it’s going to work out. Winning…won’t help in my case”
Caesar: “Why ever not?”
Peeta: “Because…because…she came here with me.”

“Ladies and gentlemen, let the Seventy-fourth Hunger Games begin!”
Claudius Templesmith

“Panic begins to set in. I can’t stay here. Flight is essential.”…”But I can’t let my fear show”.
-Katniss Everdeen

“Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true. Here is the place where I love you.”
-Katniss Everdeen (song for Rue)

“Only I keep wishing I could think of a way to…to show the Capitol they don’t own me. That I’m more than just a piece in their Games”
-Peeta Mellark

0 comments:

Post a Comment