November 10, 2012

Gary Ross Talks About Leaving The Hunger Games Franchise

Gary Ross' departure from The Hunger Games movie have received mixed reactions from the people. Most of us were obviously saddened about that but the show must go on as they say. Anyway, Gary Ross has a recent interview with EW when he was promoting his first children's book "Bartholomew Biddle and the Very Big Wind."

On his departure from "The Hunger Games" franchise:

”I didn’t feel that I would have the time for the way that I work to do the movie justice,” he says. “I wear two hats. I don’t wear one hat. When you write and you direct that’s a linear process, it’s not a simultaneous process. I would’ve had to have written a script and prepped the whole movie in four months and on the first movie that’s a process that took me eight months. And I thought [Catching Fire] was a more difficult adaptation, not an easier one. I didn’t really feel I had the time I needed to live up to my own standards. And I haven’t had a moment’s regret. It was absolutely the right decision and I’m thrilled about new challenges.

0 comments:

Post a Comment