September 27, 2013

Empire Magazine Features The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Lead actress Jennifer Lawrence and director Francis Lawrence were featured in the November 2013 issue of Empire Magazine. Read the excerpt from their interview below:




Jennifer on fame:

It’s hard to say you identify with someone who’s facing life and death and war,” she shared. “It’s not like, ‘Oh my God that’s, like, totally how I feel’.

“But there is the connection in that she doesn’t feel like just part of the town anymore. Now everyone treats her as a celebrity… Whereas she still feels like she’s part of them.”
 
“I get that a lot,” she admitted. “I’ll go to get a coffee where I always get coffee and all of a sudden there’s this weird mood, and I’m like, ‘Come on, I still get coffee here, just say hello’.”

Director Francis on the changes he made for Catching Fire

“I thought there was a real opportunity to open up the world … I didn’t get enough of a sense of place in the first movie. I thought we could grow visually because we were seeing more of the Districts, the Capitol and the whole arena.”

Jennifer on bringing on Francis

“I was consulted about who the new director would be, yes … but I’m not delusional. I’m sure that if I’d said I absolutely hated Francis they’d have hired him anyway… Fortunately I think Francis is the smartest decision any studio has ever made.”

Francis on the cast

“This cast all work incredibly hard … but if you had a scene with Jennifer, Josh and Woody Harrelson then it was pretty much a disaster. They would not keep a straight face.”

Jennifer on not getting bored playing Katniss

“I still love playing Katniss and am really looking forward to being her again. There’s honestly no part of it that I’m bored with…” she pauses for a second and then adds, mock-furiously, “Actually that’s not true. I am so bored with her braid. I keep asking, ‘Cant I just wear my hair differently?’ But they keep saying no.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment