September 20, 2013

Megan Hayes (District 6 Victor/Morphling Girl) Talks About Her Training in Catching Fire

In an interview with Dread Central, actress Megan Hayes, talks about her strict diet in preparation for her role in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire as the victor of District 6, a.k.a. The Morphling Girl.


DC: Can you talk about your experience on The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and explain who the Morphlings are for those who don’t know?

MH: I don’t know how much I can say. I am the tribute from District Six. The morphlings are addicted to a drug called morphling - a pain killer that’s kind of a morphine-esque kind of drug. My experience on Hunger Games couldn’t have been better. I was embraced by everyone and had a fantastic experience. It was a really fun role to play; the director [Francis Lawrence] was incredibly kind but also incredibly smart and knew exactly what he wanted. It was a really ideal experience overall.

DC: How much better was craft services on The Hunger Games then on +1?

MH: Lemme tell ya’ about craft services on The Hunger Games. I really couldn’t partake of it that much because I was on a very strict diet where I had to lose and get to a very malnourished-looking weight. So, it looked great but I basically ate a lot of almonds and a lot of fruits and veggies and that was about it.

DC: That’s kind of an interesting connection between your character in Hunger Games and then in +1 where you’re both addicts.

MH: I know! Isn’t that great? I’m not gonna lie, fingers crossed, I hope this is my new niche.

0 comments:

Post a Comment