February 28, 2012

Hunger Games Lead Jennifer Lawrence in Glamour UK Magazine - Daily Mail has an Exclusive Peek


Read this article from UK's Daily Mail on Glamour's Jennifer Lawrence exclusive.

Her star is on the rise, so it's no wonder that Jennifer Lawrence feels like she's about to move to another planet.
The 21-year-old actress is about to skyrocket to fame as Katniss Everdeen, The Hunger Games' leading lady.

She certainly looks the part of a star as Glamour magazine's April cover girl.

In turn, she is photographed looking equally sweet and soft, appearing in a lavender chiffon gown with a crown of white roses on her head.

She appears in one photo looking tough and holding a bow, which is her onscreen character's weapon of choice.

Lawrence, who was nominated for an Oscar in 2010 for Winter's Bone, realises that this part is the one which will bring her to a Kristen Stewart level of fame.

She tells the magazine: 'I feel like I am in the eye of the hurricane right now. It's daunting.

'I feel like I got a ticket to another planet and I'm moving there and there's no turning back, and I don't know if I'm going to like that other planet or have friends there. It's just scary.'

She also confides that she had an on-set snafu involving Josh Hutcherson, who plays one of her two onscreen love interests, Peeta Mellark.

She says that she accidentally gave him 'a concussion' with a 'death kick.'

Lawrence, who most recently appeared in the sleeper hit Like Crazy, also revealed that she keeps spears in her car (in case of an emergency) and disclosed information on her diet.

She says: 'I don't diet. I do exercise, but I don't diet. You can't work when you're hungry, you know?'

The leggy beauty is a great fit to play Games' leading lady, a character who must fight for her life in an annual 'game' set in a future dystopian society.
She glitters in a beaded gold top and white trousers; her hair appears to be making a halo behind her head.

If advance numbers are any indication, she is right to assume her life is going to change: advance ticket sales for the film's release have outsold previous record holder The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.

Online movie ticket retailer Fandango claims they have already sold hundreds of tickets for the film's debut midnight screening on March 22.

The film will go into wide release on March 23.

Woody Harrelson, Elizabeth Banks, Liam Hemsworth and Lenny Kravitz will co-star alongside Lawrence.

Update:

Here is MTV's cut to the April 2012 issue of Glamour Magazine with Jennifer Lawrence as the cover.

Glamour magazine's long-awaited issue honoring the 25 hottest celebrities of 2012 is finally here, and the No. 1 cover girl should be no surprise: It's the arrow-slinging star of "The Hunger Games," Jennifer Lawrence! (Still sporting her brunette dye job and one seriously sparkly top. Yow.) And while some of our other lady favorites made this list of the top Hollywood heavyweights—including the adorable Emma Stone and the ubiquitous Rooney Mara—it's Jennifer's interview that caught our eye today. Especially the part where (get ready to gasp really loud) she almost didn't take the role that we all can't wait to see her in.

"I gave myself three days," she said of being offered the role of Katniss. "I knew from reading the books that I loved 'The Hunger Games.' I just didn’t know if it was worth changing my life for. I’m at a peaceful place right now. The people who used to ignore me at parties, now they’re nice to me and kissing my ass. But nobody’s staked outside my house. I wanted to make sure that when I said yes, I wouldn’t regret it. And I don’t regret it. I would have said no because I was scared, and then I would have been that bitter actress telling my grandkids, ‘I’m the one that turned it down.'"

 

Fortunately, Jennifer decided that a little bit of ubercelebrity didn't scare her—and now she'll be telling her grandkids, "I'm the one slinging arrows and covered in blood!", which is much better. And just in case you didn't love the actress for being so super-accessible and down-to-earth, even on the cusp of this career-changing movie, you're going to change your mind as soon as you hear the one way in which she has let fame go to her head. Because where most girls might go crazy for a house in Beverly Hills, a flashy car or a closet full of expensive couture, Jennifer's version of out-of-control celebrity is seriously unique:

"Just recently I started letting myself eat things from the minibar," she admitted. "When we were kids, we would never open the minibar. A $6 Snickers bar? But the other day I was in a hotel and I was staring at a Snickers bar, and I finally just ate it. Then it was like something in me snapped. I opened all these drinks. I thought: I can do it now. Now I’m all grown-up. I can eat things from the minibar."
 And there you have it: Jennifer Lawrence. Kicking ass. Taking names. Eating things from the minibar.
Are you glad to see Jennifer getting such Glamor-ous recognition?


And here is Entertainment Weekly's behind the scene video of Jennifer Lawrence's Glamour Magazine photoshoot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment