October 18, 2012

Liam Hemsworth Twisted His Knees While Filming Catching Fire in Georgia

-->USA Today has reported that Liam Hemsworth, who plays Gale in "The Hunger Games" and "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire," has twisted his knees while filming the second film of the franchise in Georgia.

"I twisted my knee," Hemsworth says. "I try to just fight through it. There's so many people standing around waiting for you to do your thing. You feel sort of obligated not to let everyone down."

In fact, Hemsworth reports that his character, Gale, sidelined from the action in the first Hunger Games, really gets into the swing of things in Catching Fire.

"There's a bunch of action in this one," he vows. "All of the characters have much more action than they did in the first one."

The crew have been shooting in locations around Atlanta since September. While Josh Hutcherson vowed an even buffer Peeta in the new film, Hemsworth says his studly Gale is about the same as the original film. He did take some time before shooting started to "lose some weight" to get the proper look.

"It's The Hunger Games," he says. "My character needs to look hungry. A little bit."

Hemsworth has been going full throttle since last year's Hunger Games, moving from project to project. In fact, Hemsworth was in the process of completing his latest film, the corporate espionage thriller Paranoia, when he had to leave for Hunger Games. And he has to go back to Paranoia once he's finished in Georgia.

Hemsworth even found portions of his corporate thriller painful, especially during an all-night shoot in what the director describes as a rat-filled alley.

"I spent an entire night running through this alley splashing through alley water and all this gross stuff. A concrete alleyway and I'm in suit shoes," says Hemsworth. "I was so unlucky too. I turned up on set and on the first take I got the worst stomach cramps. And I had them the entire night. It's not that easy."

Hemsworth has been working hard.

"I haven't had a break in about a year," says Hemsworth. "I've kind of shot one film to the other. And have had to prepare for each while shooting another."

"It's been a tremendous workload," he adds. "But I feel so lucky to be where I am. I'm so thankful."
Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) and Gale (Liam Hemsworth)

0 comments:

Post a Comment