January 15, 2013

Paula Malcomson Calls Mrs. Everdeen Clara

Paula Malcomson, who plays Katniss' mother in "The Hunger Games" has chatted recently with ET and she talked about the development of her character throughout the series. She also talked about giving her a first name. (In case you don't know, in the books, author Suzanne Collins didn't give any first name to Mrs. Everdeen).

On Mrs. Everdeen in "The Hunger Games" and "Catching Fire:"

“In the first movie, I was doing it for real. I didn’t want to show up and be all pretty. I wanted to go in there and be hungry, be oppressed. I quickly realized I was acting like I was in a different film from the rest of the cast [laughs]. I just think there’s a heaviness that I was bringing that I don’t know if it was the story they were trying to tell in this. But there’s such a great character progression with her. She has this rebirth throughout the series, so I play it out in my head a lot.”
On Mrs. Everdeen's first name:

"I named her Clara,” she tells ETonline. “I don’t know why, but that just came to me. 


Mrs. Everdeen and Prim in Catching Fire


0 comments:

Post a Comment