June 15, 2012

Catching Fire Casting Rumors: Sam Claflin, Catalina Sandino Moreno and Ciceley Tyson Added to the Craze

As of now there are still no official statements from Lionsgate about the actors and actresses who will join the Hunger Games family. It's like we've been waiting for years and I really hope that Lionsgate will be able to give us some scoop before June ends. Even if just one actor for the cast, we will surely be happy with that. Anyway, Lainey Gossip has claimed that Sam Claflin, Catalina Sanino Moreno, and Cicley Tyson are added to the potential cast of "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire." Here is the statement:

“As reported yesterday, Philip Seymour Hoffman has been offered the role of Plutarch. Interesting choice. He was, way back, my pick to play Haymitch. I’m also told that while Garrett Hedlund’s audition went very well for Finnick, Sam Claflin also read for it. So again, they’re trying to look at as many options as possible. And with some imagination too. I hear exclusively that Catalina Sandino Moreno was asked to audition for Johanna Mason. But this is inspired, non? I am excited about her. Please note however that nothing has been decided. These details are just meant to give you an idea of how wide their searches have been although my sources tell me they are seriously considering Ciceley Tyson for Mags.”

Remember, this is just a rumor. 

My thoughts

Sam Claflin

In case  you don't know, Sam Claflin has recently shared the big screen with Kristen Stewart as Prince William in "Snow White and the Huntsman." I don't think he fits the physical description of Finnick. He was even out-powered by Chris Hemsworth in the movie and to think of it he's the prince. He has the looks but I think he's not that tall and athletic.

Sam Claflin as Prince William in Snow White and the Huntsman

Sam Claflin

Catalina Sandino Moreno
I didn't even know (until now) that Catalina Sandino Moreno was actually the evil vampire Maria in Twilight Saga: Eclipse. She was the vampire that brought up a newborn army by using Jasper. Looking at her Wikipedia page, she's an Academy Award nominee like Jennifer Lawrence. So I think she might have the acting chops that can surely be comparable to Jennifer's, which can be a great addition. 

Catalina as Maria in Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Catalina Sandino Moreno

 
Like Moreno, Cicely Tyson is also an OSCAR nominee so I think she's a great addition to the casting.

Cicely Tyson

0 comments:

Post a Comment