October 07, 2013

Bruno Gunn and Stepahnie Leigh Schlund Talks About Being Part of Catching Fire

In a separate interview, Bruno Gunn (Brutus) and Stephanie Leigh Schlund (Cashmere) talked about their experiences in being part of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

Bruno Gunn - The Repository interview:

“You get to the set and look around and it’s just one great actor after another,” he said. “The first night there I was having dinner with Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Jennifer (Lawrence), Josh (Hutcherson), Stanley Tucci, Jeffrey Wright, Amanda Plummer. Not just great actors but good human beings.

“I’d be in makeup talking art with Woody Harrelson,” Gunn recalled. “Watching Stanley Tucci act was like a master class in acting. That goes for Jennifer and Josh, too. I’d hang back, watch and learn as much as possible.” …

After receiving the news that he’d been cast as Brutus, Gunn first made an ecstatic phone call to his fiancĂ©e. But as fate would have it, he was flying to Italy that very day to visit with friends and family, and decided to wait until he arrived to tell them.

“Here I am with this life-changing news and I’m stuck on a plane for nine hours,” he said. To his amusement, the majority of his fellow passengers were watching the first “Hunger Games” as the in-flight movie.

Stephanie Leigh Schlund - Hydrogen Magazine interview


HM: Let’s talk about The Hunger-Games: Catching Fire. First of all, what does it feel like being
caught in the eye of this crazy storm, with the fans and the huge success of the film?

SLS: It’s been a wild ride! When I got the role, I had to keep it my little secret until I was announced but nothing could have prepared me for this. It’s been my life for last year solid but honestly, our fan base is amazing. They are so sweet and warm and it’s been such a blessing.

HM: You play Tribute ‘Cashmere’ from District 1. And Cashmere and her brother Gloss (Alan Ritchson) battle Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson’s characters for the title in the 74th Annual Hunger-Games Quarter Quell. Tell me all about Cashmere.

SLS: Cashmere is a mass manipulator who uses her -beauty to get what she wants. She is from District 1 and has been trained from birth to fight, and she is also a natural born killer, so, kind of a double dose. She fears little and that confidence may get best of her. It was great working with Jennifer [Lawrence] one on one. She is Cashmere’s nemesis because Katniss is winning hearts and Cashmere is trying to do the same as she needs votes to stay in the game.

HM: Do you see any of yourself in Cashmere?

SLS: I wouldn’t have very many friends if I did [laughs]! I can relate on a fashion level, but that’s about it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment