October 08, 2013

Director Francis Lawrences Talks Love Triangle and CGI Effects in Catching Fire

In an interview with New York magazine, director Francis Lawrence opened up about the love triangle, shaky cam, and CGI effects of Catching Fire. Find out below:




Does Jennifer Lawrence still do the karate-running? She hated how she looked running before?
She said she always made this stupid face when she ran, and I had to specifically watch out to make sure she didn’t. So I was always checking. I would tell her, “You made the stupid face!”


Will you be using the shaky cam, like in the first movie?
No! [Laughs.] No shaky cam. I think a lot of people will be happy to hear that.


The first film skimped a little on showing us the strategy behind the Katniss-Peeta love story.
I felt the same. I felt the love story in general was, um, a bit buried in the first one. I wanted to bring the love story to the surface. And when I say love story, I mean the triangle.



Will this one have better CGI?
Uh, yeah. I think the effects are phenomenal. If you know the book, there’s a monkey-mutt attack, and Weta, who did Rise of the Planet of the Apes and King Kong, did the monkeys for us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment