October 22, 2013

Of Monsters and Men Talks About Their Song in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Soundtrack

Icelandic band Of Monsters and Men was able to gush about their contribution to the official soundtrack of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Their song is entitled Silhouettes. Here's what band member Ragnar þórhallsson can say about the song and their involvment in the franchise.



"We had been traveling for a long time and away from our family and doing something we had never done before, so that was kind of how we related to the story," þórhallsson told MTV News. "So this is all based on our experience."

I think that's stronger than digging into and dissecting the book and writing a song about one scene or something," þórhallsson said. "It's more about the feeling of the whole story."

"A thousand silhouettes/ Dancing on my chest/ No matter where I sleep/ You are haunting me," sings the band's Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir over an increasingly tortured beat.

"Being away from your home and your family and your girlfriend and stuff like that [is hard]," þórhallsson said. "I think this song touches on that. Definitely."

"Writing about what's out there without knowing what's out there. I think now that we've seen what's out there... and how we feel about being away [from home], it kind of turns around a bit. I'm not sure what the next album will sound like....but we know more about the world, so it's probably going to be a lot different from the first, I think. Maybe a bit more personal."

0 comments:

Post a Comment