May 18, 2012

Odessa Students Skype With Hunger Games Star Amandla Stenberg

Read an article below and watch the video of Odessa students talking to Hunger Games movie's Rue, Amandla Stenberg.

Souce: http://www.newswest9.com/story/18558960/odessa-students-skype-with-hunger-games-star




ODESSA - Hunger Games fever has hit the Basin. The sensational movie and book has generated fans across the globe. In Odessa, a group of elementary kids got a chance of a lifetime to speak with one of the stars from the movie.

Amandla Stenberg played "Rue" in the movie. When they first heard the news, the kids had a hard time believing what they were going to do.

"Oh, I thought she was kidding at first," Ireland Elementary Student, Javorian Jackson, said.

"I kept thinking this is not real but yeah I didn't even know that I had been entered into the contest," Ireland Elementary 6th grade teacher, Tabitha Rosales, said.

Scholastic's had a contest going on and they had automatically entered Rosales into the contest after she bought several of the Hunger Games books.

"Scholastics had notified me that I had been entered into a Skype contest and I had won," Rosales said.

On Friday, students got a chance to talk to Amandla one on one and ask her questions, about how the movie was made, what she liked the most and about the other characters. Overall, the kids loved the experience and will never forget it.

"I'm excited, I am sad that it's over now but it was really awesome! I loved it," Ireland Elementary Student, Audrey Lujan, said.

"I learned a lot of stuff I wouldn't know," Ireland Elementary Student, Alexis Ramirez, said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment