January 15, 2012

Hunger Games Movie Cast Interview by MTV-- Josh Hutcherson, Jennifer Lawrence and Liam Hemsworth

Here is an article, awesome article, from MTV.  MTV released an exclusive interview of the three main lead of the upcoming adaptation of the Hunger Games including Jennifer Lawrence (Katniss), Josh Hutcherson (Peeta), and Liam Hemsworth (Gale). See the videos below and if you can't, just read on the text below, it's transcribed from the interview.

Learn what the stars have to say about the pranks during filming, their most excited scenes and a lot more. Warning: SPOILERS ahead.


Josh Hutcherson









@jjussan: I've heard a lot about pranking on the set... tell us one of the things that happened!

Josh Hutcherson: They had a full life-sized dummy of one of our tributes that had gotten killed by a Tracker Jacker, and basically it's all swollen and gnarly-looking and mangled, and Jennifer was out of her trailer so I took the dummy and put it inside her bathroom in her trailer. I wasn't there for the big moment when she saw it, which I can't believe I missed, but I've been told that she actually peed her pants in reaction to it. So, I was pretty proud of myself and amazed that someone actually peed their pants in fear, because I didn't know that happened.

@PRIMdelenaTVD: What can you tell us about the arena? What was it like?

Hutcherson: The arena is a giant. It's a forest, pretty much. We shot it in the mountains of North Carolina, just outside of Asheville, and it's pretty cool. The terrain we had to get through to get our cameras and equipment there was impressive that we even got it made in time. It looks amazing on film, too.

@HGTribute_Manda:What's the most difficult scene to shoot?

Hutcherson:The cave scene for me, where Katniss and Peeta are in the cave after Katniss has rescued Peeta more or less, was tough to shoot, also my favorite scene to shoot because we didn't have a lot of time. We had a lot of scene to get through and a lot of character arc to get through, so for me that was really fun but also a really big challenge.



Jennifer Lawrence






@jjussan: I've heard a lot about pranking on the set... tell us one of the things that happened!

Jennifer Lawrence: Pranks. Oh yeah, Josh, he took the dummy from one of the tributes that dies from the Tracker Jackers' sting that is completely deformed and put it on my toilet, shut the door and [had it] holding a toilet paper roll, just for added effect. I'm in my trailer and open the bathroom door and scream and my friend grabs me and had to say "It's fake, it's fake, it's fake!" I hate him. I still haven't gotten him back for that, actually. I don't know what to do to get him back for something like that. I'd have to find a real dead body.

@OttoRivera: Have you met Suzanne Collins?

Lawrence: I have, she's wonderful. That was, I think, the most nervous I've ever been meeting a person because I kept thinking, "What if she doesn't like me?" But I did meet her, and she's fantastic.

@eringabin: Did you get any injuries during filming?

Lawrence: Yeah. There was the trees, there was tree climbing, getting scratched up by trees. My back started getting weird, I think from all the running downhill, so I had to go to the chiropractor once a week, which is terrifying . I've never been to a chiropractor before and it just feels like they're going to snap your neck at any moment. There were some ankle and knee [injuries] but you don't have time to be injured. The look on the producer's face if I say "ow" is awful, so I tried to just kind of stay quiet about it. 


Liam Hemsworth









@jjussan: I've heard a lot about pranking on the set... tell us one of the things that happened!

Liam Hemsworth: Jennifer would often try and make you laugh just before "Action." She'd say something funny. She'd get you and really surprise you, though, because you'd be rolling up, ready for them to say "Action," and she'd ask you some silly question about something. You'd hear it and be like, "Wait, what?" And then "Action" and you'd be like "OK. Thanks for that." It's funny to her, I guess.

0 comments:

Post a Comment